Central Administrative Information Systems
The primary function of the ISO is to develop/support the central administrative systems of the University and to ensure that such systems operate in a smooth manner.
Working in conjunction with administrative offices, which in turn solicit and bring back requirements of the greater University community, a set of integrated information systems is in place and continues to expand and evolve to meet business / user requirements. Click here for further information on the current portfolio of the university's administrative systems.
Requests for the development of additional systems and functions are typically channeled through concerned administrative offices to the steering committee which oversees the priorities and justifications of such requests.
These are typically self-service functions through which users can carry out various administrative activities directly and on-line, including the conduct of administrative/business transactions, personal information retrieval/update, etc.
Working in conjunction with respective administrative offices, ISO maintains and delivers electronic services that are targeted for both staff and students. As with system development work, requests for the provision/enhancement of e-Services are typically channeled through concerned administrative offices to the steering committee which oversees the priorities and justifications of such requests.
A model for the dissemination of administrative information outlines the approach / strategy to support
- central dissemination of administrative information (via custom functions)
- open, user-based access to authorized data (via self-chosen means)
- provision of analytical data for management
Under this model, administrative information is recognized as a university resource. Respective administrative offices assume the role of information custodians in their concerned areas (e.g. the Finance Office is the custodian of financial related information, the Admissions, Registration and Records Office is the custodian of student related information, etc.).
The role of ISO is to serve as the safe-keeper of the stored information and to act upon the instructions of the custodian offices regarding the keeping / dissemination of information.
Click here for more details about the services / policies regarding information dissemination.
General Consultation Service
General consultation is provided on the following matters:
- How administrative systems and information could be used to facilitate local / departmental administrative operations.
- For administrative offices, prepare guidelines / policies and recommend good practices in the use of technology and information.
- Users / offices can contact ISO at x6240 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information regarding such services.