In fulfilling this mission, the office will maintain three major areas of focus:
To build up a portfolio of information systems which
- supports and facilitates major central administrative processes; and
- operates in a coherent, integrated manner, allowing information entered into one process to flow to and be shared by other administrative processes requiring the same information, thereby allowing the university's administrative activities to function as a coherent, consistent, and non-redundant unit.
To develop and maintain an integrated administrative information data base/data warehouse which
- could be used for the operational and management needs of both central and departmental administration; and
- is accessible by all authorized persons of the university community who have the need for such information.
To leverage technology to
- maintain an effective computing environment consisting of high performance network, efficient central and departmental servers; and
- to explore the effective application of new technology
A number of guiding principles have been established to support the concerned areas of focus. Based around these principles, strategies were formulated for system development/delivery, information management, user involvement, operation and support, and the use of technology.